5 Steps to Apply to a Master of Engineering Management Program
To apply for our Master of Engineering Management & Leadership Program:
1. Review the MEML@Rice Prerequisites
2. Start Your Application
Prepare the required application materials, including:
- Your statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- CV or resume
3. Gather Your Supporting Documents
Gather the following materials where applicable:
- Official transcript
- GRE scores (Use code 6609)
Note: The GRE test is recommended for all applicants but not required.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores
4. Submit Your Completed Application before the Deadline
- Or mail all materials to:
Attn: George R. Brown School of Engineering
6100 Main St.
Houston, TX 77005
5. Pay the Application Fee
Submit your $85 application fee online or submit a check, money order or cashier’s check payable to Rice University. Payments must be in U.S. currency only.
To start your application process, visit the admissions page to learn more about the Master of Engineering Management & Leadership program application requirements.
Apply as early as possible for your selected start date. If you’d like to join a 2024-2025 cohort or learn more about our program, contact an Enrollment Coach for more information.
There are three start dates each year for the online Master of Engineering Management & Leadership (MEML) program.
|SESSION||APPLICATION DUE||CLASSES START|
|SPRING 2024||November 1, 2023||January 8, 2024|
|SUMMER 2024||March 1, 2024||April 29, 2024|
|FALL 2024||July 1, 2024||August 26, 2024|
Students applying to the online Master of Engineering Management & Leadership program should be aware of the following:
- While the GRE is recommended for applicants, it is not required.
- Students may submit an unofficial transcript with their application, but will be required to provide an official transcript upon acceptance.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores are required for any student whose native language is not English. Students with a degree from a university where English is the official language of communication are exempt from submitting TOEFL/IELTS scores.
Looking to learn more about the online Master of Engineering Management & Leadership program? Contact an enrollment coach to help you through the application process.
Learn More About MEML@Rice
If you’re ready to take the next step to advance your career, fill out the form to connect with a Rice Enrollment Coach.
Rice University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. Accordingly, Rice University does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected categories under the law, in its admissions policies, educational programs, or employment of faculty or staff. Anyone with questions and/or complaints regarding discrimination or sexual misconduct (such as sexual harassment) under Title IX may contact the Executive Director of Institutional Equity and Title IX Coordinator at:
Dr. Richard Anthony Baker
Office of Access, Equity and Equal Opportunity
6100 Main Street MS 130 Houston, TX 77005
For full details, please view the university's nondiscrimination policy.