The Activate Engineering Communication Program at Rice University partners with faculty to integrate communication assignments in their courses in ways that improve student learning.
By the Numbers, 2022-23
- 21 undergraduate courses (introductory courses, labs, design courses)
- 7 graduate courses
- 22 faculty partners
- 700+ engineering students
Want to incorporate presentations into your course? Do the students in your research seminar need a jump-start on their first papers? Want students to receive feedback on poster drafts from trained coaches before you review them?
Engage our team to
- deliver communication workshops tailored to specific projects or assignments (e.g., design reports, papers, presentations, posters)
- develop customized instructional materials featuring examples from your course
- train TAs to provide feedback on assignments
- have engineering communication coaches work with your students one-on-one (e.g., feedback on posters or oral presentations)
To discuss ways we can support communication in your courses or to request a workshop, please contact us.