Researchers from Rice University's George R. Brown School of Engineering and other universities have received the 2020 Best Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Paper Award from the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
The paper, “An Exploratory Study of Intentionality Toward Diversity in STEM Faculty Hiring,” was presented at the ASEE’s virtual conference and exposition held June 22-26.
The authors are:
- Samara Rose Boyle, Rice undergraduate in neuroengineering
- Canek Phillips, Rice research scientist in engineering
- Yvette E. Pearson, Rice associate dean of engineering for accreditation, assessment and strategic initiatives
- Reginald DesRoches, Rice provost
- Stephen Mattingly and Anne Nordberg, University of Texas at Arlington
- Wei Wayne Li, Texas Southern University
- Hanadi S. Rifai, University of Houston