Bucking national trends, women make up more than 33% of engineering undergraduates and 31% of graduate student engineers at Rice University. That’s because women engineers find a supportive environment at Rice Engineering bolstered by talented faculty who are comprised of 20% women, ranking 8th in the nation.
Facts & Rankings
- Ranked 8th in the nation with 20% female faculty*
- Ranked 12th in the nation with 31% female graduate students*
- 33% engineering undergraduates are women (national average is approximately 20%)
- 34% engineering bachelor’s degrees in academic year 2017-18 were awarded to women
- 28% engineering graduate degrees in academic year 2017-18 were awarded to women
*among self-reporting AAU institutions (Fall 2018)